The Hancocks story begins in the heart of Victorian London with Mr Charles Frederick Hancock. He established his eponymous firm on the corner of Bond Street and Bruton Street in 1849. Dealing in the finest jewellery, silver and gemstones Hancocks quickly built a reputation for excellence. Within a year the company had been granted a Royal Warrant by Queen Victoria and was soon counting many of the principle sovereigns of Europe as patrons
In 1856 Queen Victoria entrusted Hancocks with the making of the newly introduced Victoria Cross, the highest military award for gallantry in the British armed forces, an honour that they continue to uphold today. Whilst times have certainly changed since then, the firm is still family run and still purveyors of exceptionally fine jewellery.