This privacy notice for J.C. Com, Inc. ("Company," “The Jewelers Circle”, "we," "us," or "our"), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ("process") your information when you use our services ("Services"), such as when you visit our website at https://jewelerscircle.com, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice, or when you engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events. J.C. Com, Inc. is the controller for personal data collected via this website.
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
- contact preferences
- billing and shipping addresses
- contact or authentication data
The lawful basis for collecting and processing this information is to provide you with the requested services, perform our contract with you, to comply with our legal obligations, and to keep our records updated. We may also automatically collect certain information about your online usage of our Services as part of the ongoing operation of the Site. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called "crash dumps"), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
At any time, you may request access to your personal data, request correction of your personal data, request erasure of your personal data, object to our processing of your personal data, request restriction of your personal data, request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party, or withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. You can make each such request by contacting us at email@example.com. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to any applicable laws and requirements that we maintain some portion of the information, for example for fraud prevention reasons or as may be required to protect against other illegal activities. Note that after deletion of your personal information it may be difficult or impossible to use certain functions or portions of the Services.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
When necessary, with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we process the following categories of sensitive information:
- payment data - We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number, and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Shopify.
WE DO NOT SELL OR SHARE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE OTHER THAN IN FURTHERANCE OF THE SMOOTH OPERATION OF THE SITE AND PROVISION OF THE SERVICES.
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
We may also use social media features, such as a "Like" button, and widgets, such as a "Share" button, in our Services. Such features may process your Internet Protocol (IP) address and track which page you are visiting on our website. We may place a cookie to enable the feature to work correctly. If you are logged in on a certain social media platform and you interact with a widget or button belonging to that social media platform, this information may be recorded to your profile of such social media platform. To avoid this, you should log out from that social media platform before accessing or using the Services. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide them. By clicking on one of these buttons, you agree to the use of this plugin and consequently the transfer of personal information to the corresponding social media service. We have no control over the essence and extent of these transmitted data or their additional processing.
We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your information at any time by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents ("third parties") who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Ad Networks, for the purpose of providing customized advertisements to you on our Site only. Your preferences with respect to sharing personal information with Ad Networks can be changed in your cookie settings at any time.
- Affiliate Marketing Programs, for the purpose of providing customized advertisements to you on our Site only. Your preferences with respect to sharing personal information with Ad Networks can be changed in your cookie settings at any time.
- Cloud Computing Services, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Data Analytics Services, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Data Storage Service Providers, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Finance & Accounting Tools, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Order Fulfillment Service Providers, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Payment Processors, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Performance Monitoring Tools, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site as well as improving the customer experience on the Site.
- Retargeting Platforms, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
- Sales & Marketing Tools, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site as well as improving the customer experience on the Site.
- User Account Registration & Authentication Services, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site as well as fraud prevention.
- Website Hosting Service Providers, for the purpose of conducting business and analytical functions in the normal operation of our Site.
We may also need to share your personal information during a business transfer, such as if a third party were to purchase all or substantially all of our business assets and ongoing business. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third parties that we may link to or who advertise on our Services, but are not affiliated with, our Services. The Services may link to third-party websites, online services, or mobile applications and/or contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, services, or applications. Accordingly, we do not make any guarantee regarding any such third parties, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of such third-party websites, services, or applications. The inclusion of a link towards a third-party website, service, or application does not imply an endorsement by us. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services, or applications that may be linked to or from the Services. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
Our Site places cookies on your computer or mobile device of different types and for different purposes.
- Strictly necessary. Our Site utilizes some cookies that are necessary for navigating the Site and utilizing its features and capabilities. Many features will not function properly without these cookies. Without accepting these cookies, content appropriate to your browser cannot be provided. These cookies are deleted once you end your session/close your browser.
- Performance. These cookies are used to improve website functionality. They collect information on how visitors navigate our website, for example, page visits and website performance. All of the information stored in these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous, although for GDPR purposes IP addresses are collected.
- Functionality. These cookies allow the website to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up or enhancing your experience of services or capabilities.
- Targeting or Advertising. These cookies are used to deliver more relevant advertising based on your interests. We sometimes partner with third parties to compile web statistics and place advertisements that may be of interest to you, control the frequency of those advertisements, and monitor their effectiveness. These cookies do not store information that can personally identify a visitor to our website, and we only use trusted advertising partners.
You have the right to decide whether or not to accept cookies. You can prevent the placing of all or certain cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us. You may also request deletion of your personal information at any time, as set out in this privacy notice.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. Individuals under 18 years of age are prohibited from use of the Services. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW DO YOU OPT OUT OF MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS?
You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address listed below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non- marketing purposes.
Upon receiving a request to delete or update personal information, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. However, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
J.C. Com, Inc.
Delray Beach, FL 33483, United States