G. Torroni S.A. was established in Geneva, Switzerland in 1985. Giuseppe Torroni, the founder of the company, began his career in the jewelry trade at the age of thirteen. He left Rome, the city of his birth, to attend the Scuola Orafa in Valencia Pô. Rome is also where, on his mother’s side, the family had owned and operated a fine jewelry shop. Located on the famous Piazza di Spagna since 1884, they counted the Italian royal family as clients. Graduate Orfèvrerie diploma in hand, in 1963 Giuseppe moved to Paris. Throughout the 1960’s and 70’s he advanced his knowledge of colored stones, often traveling to the Far East, Bangkok, and Sri Lanka. By the time he arrived in Geneva in the mid 1980’s to open his office he was recognized by his peers as one of the world’s foremost experts in rubies and sapphires.